Snapchat for business is a very popular topic at the moment. Some are curious, some think it’s madness, and a few have got stuck in to it.
The question that you – like everyone else – probably have is “there’s not clickable button, so how do I convert?”
Given that with the MASS of information out there on every other platform, it’s hard even get our hard earned content in front of our target market without spending money on advertising.
Why Snapchat For Business
Put simply: attention of the viewer + high engagement = selling your story.
Snapchat has produced a platform where you can tell the stories within your company from any smart phone. There are NO expectations for sound or visual quality and so the pressure to produce video at the moment can be relieved a little too.
It takes time, money and multiple engagements to sell in 2016 because for just about everything, there’s so many options to choose from.
You can put out all the content you want on other platforms (and please continue too) but does every piece of content get consumed by the viewer in sequence. Absolutely not – but Snapchat (for SFN EXPO) gets over 85% open rate with over 2,000 followers.
If Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the many other platforms offered 85% of our audience to not only see our content, but also consumed it without anything else visible to take away distractions (like Snapchat) anyone with anything half decent to sell would be rich.
3 Ways to Get Started on Snapchat for Business
- Create a content calendar of what you want to put out. Is it going to be stories within your companies, do cross-promotions with other snap chatters, or are you a discount retailer who quite simply is going to offer an exclusive deal to Snapchatters every Friday at 5pm? The choice is yours, but be clear about YOUR story so you can encourage people to follow.
- Use your current social media platforms full of followers to get them to move on to your Snapchat account. These are people who already liked your pages because they wanted to hear from you but probably don’t because Facebook will only show 5-10% of your followers your content. Get them to cross-over and your message consumption could increase by 1700%
- Snapchat is rapidly becoming a place where all fitness industry influencers have to be, which means that the fitness industry audience will follow. Simply having your Snapchat handle visible in places like your Instagram and Twitter descriptions will gain followers, because the supply and demand of who to follow is still very much in your favour right now.
3 Ways to Convert on Snapchat for Business
- Keep the call to actions few and far between. The platform is epic for engaging an audience and creating brand loyalty but call to actions will only be very effective and stay that way if they are infrequent. Make 99% of the time content driven and 1% call to action to make these moments extremely profitable.
- Get people associated with your brand to talk about you. Snapchat is the first platform that comes across extremely authentic as people show their real day to day lives. If you have ambassadors, friends or simply are cross-promoting, encourage them to mention or show using your product or service in their every day lives. It’s like having authentic word of mouth recommendations in bulk that you can trust.
- Drop a discount code that people can screenshot. Make it specific to Snapchat only, so you can measure it against other codes out there at the same time.
Why Else Would You Use Snapchat for Business?
If you’re in the business of people, then the more personal the better. Using Snapchat for business allows you to do what people simply are not used to – video responses. You don’t HAVE to do this, and it won’t even be expected, BUT, it’s remarkable and will spread word of mouth.
Also, you can ask questions and get feedback. Show them two variations of the new running shoes you’re bringing out, or ask who they want to see at your next event. The Snapchat community are vocal and it’s GREAT for business.